#ProTip: Using Social Media? Don’t fail: Take advantage of each Social Network’s Unique Features.
This week’s #ProTip was inspired by a rant a few friends were recently subjected to. In short, way too many brands just post exactly the same content to each and every social network in their portfolio without realizing that the audience and their expectations are completely different from network to network.
Unique features of social networking sites
Here are some of my favorite features that make each social networking site unique:
- Hashtags on Twitter
- Photo tagging and engaging photos on Instagram
- Tagging in updates and photos on Facebook
- The Google Maps tie-in on Google+ Pages
Social Networking Sins
- Posting a link in an Instagram Comment. It can’t be clicked…
- Sharing a link to your Instagram Photo on Twitter. Even Twitter is discouraging this…
- Using Hashtags on Facebook. Yes, I know they work…
- Basically sharing a link to a different social network site.
Feel free to jump in below and post your favorite social media fail in the comments below.