The social media marketing landscape is constantly evolving. What works today may not work tomorrow, and that’s especially true for Facebook and LinkedIn. These two platforms are the most popular social networks for business, and each has unique marketing opportunities.
To help you maximize your marketing potential on both platforms, I’ve put together a list of Facebook and LinkedIn marketing tips you can use to grow your business.
Tips for Organic Engagement on LinkedIn and Facebook
Organic engagement on social media is a challenge for many businesses. With so much content published daily, it can be challenging to stand out from the crowd. Although you can increase your organic engagement in many ways, these two are the best and the ultimate game changer.
Your audience doesn’t want to read lengthy posts every day. Sometimes they’d like to watch a video or share their thoughts. Mix things up once in a while to keep your content fresh and engaging. Changing your post formats keeps your LinkedIn and Facebook feed interesting and your audience engaged. Remember, the more diverse your content is, the more likely your followers will share it, increasing your organic reach.
Here are four great LinkedIn and Facebook content types that will help keep your page interesting and increase your organic engagement:
- LinkedIn and Facebook polls-Polls provide an excellent opportunity to learn how your audience feels and what they think about your brand.
- Swipeable image carousels- You can use carousel posts to display up to 10 cards on Facebook and 15 on LinkedIn. Each card can have a different headline and image, and the carousel posts provide lots of opportunities for users to engage and convert.
- Training videos- Video training is a great way to show your customers how to use your products. Plus, they are highly shareable.
- Live updates- Did you know that Facebook live gets 15 times more engagement than regular posts? LinkedIn live isn’t far behind, as it generates 24 times more comments than native videos. Using live videos to update your customers on both of these platforms will help you increase your organic engagement.
Research shows that LinkedIn engagement rates are two times higher for businesses that post weekly. You, too, can increase your engagement by following the same. The more consistent you are with posting, the longer you stay on your customers’ minds and the stronger your relationship with them.
Posting regularly also shows your customers that you are active and engaged. Additionally, it allows you to share your company’s story and connect deeper with your customers.
Here are some tips to help you remain active and consistent on Facebook and LinkedIn:
- Create a content calendar for your posts
- Research the best times to post on both platforms and add the times to your content calendar
- Use social media automation tools to help you schedule your posts. Some great examples are Hootsuite, NapoleonCat, and Later.
By following these tips, you can give your business the best chance of success in getting organic engagement.
When it comes to organic customer acquisition on social media, LinkedIn and Facebook are two of the most popular platforms. If you’re looking to grow your customer base organically on either of these platforms, you can do a few things to improve your chances of success.
Marketers know that the key to a great social media strategy is to create the right content for the right audience and to post it at the right time. Therefore, ensure that each piece of content you create is relevant to your target customers. This will help you reach the right people with your message and increase your chances of acquiring new customers.
Unfortunately, most businesses keep “taking without giving.” They only post their content and don’t bother to engage with their audience. To acquire new customers, you need to show your audience that you care. Respond to their questions and comments. You could also start conversations with potential customers and show them that you have their best interests at heart. This is how you build relationships and get new customers.
Is Paid Advertisement on LinkedIn and Facebook Worth it?
As a business owner, you might be aware of social media’s power to grow your brand. However, you might not know that paid social media advertising is an even more powerful tool to help you take your business to the next level.
Types of LinkedIn and Facebook adverts include:
- Sponsored job ad listings
- Sponsored text ads
- Sponsored messaging (sent directly to a user’s inbox)
- Dynamic ads
- Photo carousel ads
If you’re still hesitant about investing in paid advertising, here are four benefits that could change your mind.
With paid social media advertising, you can target your ads to a specific audience interested in your products or services. This allows you to focus your budget and marketing efforts on the people most likely to convert into customers.
Paid social media advertising is an effective way to build brand awareness and visibility for your business. People who see your ads on Facebook and LinkedIn will become familiar with your brand, leading to increased customers and sales.
Unlike traditional marketing methods, paid social media advertising provides detailed data and insights that you can use to track your progress and measure your success. This data is invaluable for understanding what’s working and what’s not and can help you fine-tune your social media marketing strategy over time.
When you run a paid social media ad, you’re not just reaching people at the moment. You’re also creating a lasting impression that can lead to future sales. Paid social media ads are an investment in your business that can pay off for months or even years.