instagram, the photo sharing social network for iPhones, and my latest obsession continues to grow at an unbelievable rate. the founder kevin systrom recently talked to techcrunch and revealed some instagram statistics.
- 5 million users
- 100,000 new users over the weekend
- 95 million photos (or approximately 19 photos per user)
- 4 employees
- 2,500 apps using its apis
- 860,000 new photos per day (or approximately 1 per every 5 users)
- 1.25 million users per employee
- 8 months since launch
with its simplicity and hipster appeal instagram definitely has potential to become a big mobile social network and break out of its current niche. by the way, if you’re on instagram look me up at eritter.