Are you looking to improve your business’s SEO in the coming year? Boosting your SEO can lead to better brand credibility, higher conversion rates, better user experience, and higher close rates, just to name a few.
But, it’s important to understand that there’s more than one type of SEO. And, in order to truly improve your business, you need to work on improving each type of SEO.
What are the different types of SEO? Keep reading to find out!
On-page SEO refers to the content that is on your website. With on-page SEO, you’ll focus on strategies that will help you optimize each individual page on your website.
Optimizing your webpages will help search engines understand how to rank your website based on how valuable the information is that you provide. On-page SEO includes:
- Keyword Research: This involves finding the best keywords (words or phrases) that people type into search bars. Using the right keywords will drive more traffic to your site
- Keyword Optimization: This involves placing keywords in the right place and using them the right amount of times
- Content Creation: This involves publishing high-quality, informative content that’s focused on your niche and incorporates the right keywords
Luckily, there are a lot of tools you can use to find the right keywords for your site. In addition to keyword research and content creation, here are some other things you can do to boost your on-page SEO:
- Adding HTML tags to highlight headings and other elements of content
- Ensuring there are no duplicate pages or pieces of content
- Cleaning up the URL structure so there aren’t a bunch of extra numbers and symbols
- Choosing high-quality, appropriately-sized images
- Inserting the correct metadata
- Incorporating inbound and outbound links into your content
- Writing content that is error-free
These are just a few on-page SEO techniques that you can incorporate. Also, keep in mind that on-page SEO isn’t a one-time job. You’ll need to continuously update your site to rank high on Google.
In addition to on-page SEO, there’s also off-page SEO. This refers to everything you do outside of your site to rank higher in the search engines. While other types of SEO focus on website content and infrastructure, off-page SEO puts more emphasis on the techniques you use to promote your site to internet users.
The most important off-page SEO methods are link-building and brand promotion. Link building involves getting high-quality backlinks from other websites. These backlinks are basically “votes of trust” that will increase the authority of your website.
In other words, quality backlinks show that you’re in good company. Brand promotion involves getting the word out about your business through social media and other online platforms. It’s all about creating a conversation about your brand and making it recognizable to a wide variety of people.
Technical SEO focuses on the non-content elements of your website. It involves improving the backend structure and foundation of your website, improving your site’s readability, and providing a good user experience.
All of these things help search engines determine the quality of a website. A good user experience is also important for your customers, and it can affect your overall engagement rates and traffic. With technical SEO, you need to work on improving your:
- Site speed: This involves boosting your load time so users can quickly access your site content
- Crawlability: This focuses on a search engine’s ability to crawl and access content on a page
- Indexing: This refers to how websites are indexed on the internet as a whole
- Mobile-friendliness: People are conducting internet searches from their smartphones more than ever before, so your site needs to be optimized for mobile use
- Structured data: This is code that’s put together in a specific format
- Site architecture: This refers to the structure that organizes and delivers your content on your website
- Security: Website security refers to keeping users’ information safe from hackers
There are many audit tools you can use to check on the state of your technical SEO.
Another type of SEO that you need to focus on is local SEO. This type of SEO is for local businesses only. In other words, if you want to get customers to visit your local store, then you’ll need to optimize your website for local SEO.
To boost your local SEO, you need to make sure your business name, address, and other contact details are all on your website. You also need to create a Google My Business page.
To do this, all you need to do is create a Google account. Then, you need to enter your business name and the location of your business. You’ll also need to specify your business services, choose your business category, add a website URL, and add your business hours.
After you’ve done all of this, you can verify your official listing. Then, you can focus on optimizing your page by doing the following:
- Adding photos and videos to your listing
- Writing a compelling business description
- Creating Google My Business posts that showcase announcements and promotions
- Adding product collections and service menus
- Requesting and managing Google reviews
In addition to optimizing your Google My Business page, you can also create content based on local news, optimize your voice search, and choose local keywords to improve your local SEO.
Types of SEO: Are You Ready to Improve Your SEO?
Now that you know about the different types of SEO, it’s time to start developing strategies for each one. Obviously, focusing on each of these types of SEO takes a lot of work, which is why we suggest hiring a marketing consultant for some help.
Contact us today if you’re looking to hire a marketing consultant soon.